Monday 23 April 2012

Liber8.com Raises More Questions About New Group

A poster I downloaded from the Liber8 website. 


After catching the video hack at Vancouver’s FanExpo first hand, I had to investigate further into the cagey group known as Liber8.  I even heard from some friends that they had agents in the crowd handing out propaganda. I didn’t see them did you? If so, send me a pic or something.

So, I haven’t taken the investigative reporting class yet, it’s not till next semester, but it was pretty easy to know where to start this case - the website. They put that URL up on screen for a reason. The video, warning everyone of some kind of revolution or something, was all quite vague, but the gist was very Bush-like in its “Yer either with us, or yer agin us” sentiment.

The web site and its content is very militant, showing two fists smashing together in the masthead on the front page along with an embed of the same video they hijacked the FanExpo venue with.  Within the site they have what they are calling their manifesto, which isn’t exactly a light piece of reading.  They definitely express how they feel about technology and corporate influence, particularly on governments.  Still trying to wrap my head aroud all of it. Couldn't get in to that Member's Area it was password restricted.

The funny thing about it is, I found myself half agreeing with most of it, until they mentioned the killing people parts of course.  With all the uprisings around the world, from Occupy Wall Street to the Arab Spring, does the world need another pissed off fringe group inciting people into potential violent anti government furies?  




Liber8 are making it clear that they are actively recruiting like minded individuals to join their “movement” and with no shortage of ticked off activists looking for the next Occupy to hitch their cart to and the obvious lunatic fringe that just like to rage on whatever passes by, my fear is this may not be the last we hear from Liber8....lets just hope it sticks to video hacking.  ###



4 comments:

  1. So... How to retrieve password for restricted area? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure. I'm trying to figure that out too...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real question is what will we find if we get into the site? That's what I'm wondering. I checked out their Twitter and page. I dunno even Anyon isn't sure what to do with em. That's kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Access to the restricted section was quite easy.

    ReplyDelete